Canadian Horse Day - This event has already occurred
Saturday, June 24, 2017 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
10 Huron Rd., Kitchener, Ontario
View on Google Maps
Enjoy a special day in Doon Heritage Village and see Canadian horses!
In celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Waterloo Region Museum and the Upper Canada District Canadian Horse Breeders Association invite you to a day dedicated to the Canadian - our official national horse that has played such an important role in the history of Canada since 1665. This special day in historic Doon Heritage Village will allow visitors to get up close and personal with Canadian horses and enjoy demonstrations of the breed's versatility throughout the afternoon. Event takes place rain or shine.
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Harness Shop Grand Opening
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Informal riding; driving; meet the horses
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. Demonstrations by individual owners/horses to show the versatility of the Canadian horse
- 2:30 p.m. Tom Bishop’s Roman Riding Demonstration - Show 1
- 3:15 – 4 p.m. Demonstrations by individual owners/horses to show the versatility of the Canadian horse
- 4:15 p.m. Tom Bishop’s Roman Riding Demonstration - Show2
Tom Bishop’s Roman Riding Demonstration:
Third generation member of the Tom Bishop Wild West Show, Tom Bishop Jr will be performing his four horse Roman Riding. While standing on two ‘Canadian breed horses’ he drives two ‘Morgans’ in front, this is an act not often seen anymore and first popularized in the heydays of the Roman coliseums. It is a dangerous and challenging act, one’s legs must be very strong to stand up right on the ever shifting and bouncing backs of his trusty horses. Be sure not to miss this rare and spectacular performance.
- The Upper Canada District Canadian Horse Breeders Association who are responsible for this event will be handing out colouring books to kids
- There will be a horse brushing centre where kids can brush a horse (with a donation)
- We will have a 1 page information sheet about the Canadian horse available for the public
- We will be handing out small Canada pins to kids
- Check out our Harness Shop Grand Opening from 11 a.m. to Noon.
All events and activities are included with general admission: $11 Adults, $8 Seniors/Students, $5 Children, Children four and under FREE, $25 Family, all admissions plus HST.